1. What are the most interesting aspects of history that you have learned this year? Include an answer for unit 1 and unit 2.
For unit 1, I feel that the most interesting aspect of learning was about Ellis Island and Immigration as a whole. Throughout unit 1, we learned how people migrated from one place to another and what were the reasons they might've moved. In the first unit, we did the "Multicultural America Project". This was a project in which we researched on people from our ethnicity and what were some of the reasons they moved to the US. We also interviewed one of our family members, made a family tree, and even had to compare our home country to its past and the present state. I learned a lot about my home country, which is India, and how my grandparents lived back when they were kids.
For Unit 2, I feel that the most interesting aspect of learning was about the way governments function and who is involved in each step of the process. I found this to be the most interesting as it related to one of the most important things of 2016. The 2016 Presidential Election for the US. This was a major topic which everyone was talking about, and I didn't know much. After this unit, I feel that I've learned a lot more, and can understand more about politics around the world.
2. What surprised you this year? (This could be about history, our class, 8th grade, the world).
The one thing that surprised me this year was that we were focusing so much on US history. Throughout my school life, I have always learned about different countries throughout a year, I have never learned about just one and focused only on that. However, I find this useful as we are learning about one of the most dominant countries today, which most people look to go to for a future. Also, I feel that it is a good shift from learning about China and Egypt for the past 3 years.
3. What goal would you like to set for yourself in Social Studies Class? Why is this an important goal?
One goal I have in mind for myself during Social Studies is my productivity. I waste a lot of time during Social Studies and am often left with homework because I do nothing in class. This is important so that in the future, I have less stress when working, and do not have to worry too much about homework. This will be useful for me in my other classes as well, and in the future.
For unit 1, I feel that the most interesting aspect of learning was about Ellis Island and Immigration as a whole. Throughout unit 1, we learned how people migrated from one place to another and what were the reasons they might've moved. In the first unit, we did the "Multicultural America Project". This was a project in which we researched on people from our ethnicity and what were some of the reasons they moved to the US. We also interviewed one of our family members, made a family tree, and even had to compare our home country to its past and the present state. I learned a lot about my home country, which is India, and how my grandparents lived back when they were kids.
For Unit 2, I feel that the most interesting aspect of learning was about the way governments function and who is involved in each step of the process. I found this to be the most interesting as it related to one of the most important things of 2016. The 2016 Presidential Election for the US. This was a major topic which everyone was talking about, and I didn't know much. After this unit, I feel that I've learned a lot more, and can understand more about politics around the world.
2. What surprised you this year? (This could be about history, our class, 8th grade, the world).
The one thing that surprised me this year was that we were focusing so much on US history. Throughout my school life, I have always learned about different countries throughout a year, I have never learned about just one and focused only on that. However, I find this useful as we are learning about one of the most dominant countries today, which most people look to go to for a future. Also, I feel that it is a good shift from learning about China and Egypt for the past 3 years.
3. What goal would you like to set for yourself in Social Studies Class? Why is this an important goal?
One goal I have in mind for myself during Social Studies is my productivity. I waste a lot of time during Social Studies and am often left with homework because I do nothing in class. This is important so that in the future, I have less stress when working, and do not have to worry too much about homework. This will be useful for me in my other classes as well, and in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment